The Architectural department, headed by a Chief Architect has a complement of various technical officers comprising:
- Landscape Architects
- Architectural Assistants
- Building Inspectors (Clerks of Work)
Upon engagement by various National government entities Ministries, Departments, Agencies, and Commissions (MDACs) or County governments, the department is mandated with:
- Assisting them to prepare strategic project briefs.
- Carrying out feasibility studies and options appraisals.
- Advising on appointing other professionals to the consultant team, independent client advisers, specialists, designers, and contractors.
- Advising on the procurement route to be used in the project.
- Guiding in the preparation of a project brief.
- Preparing the concept design, detailed design, planning applications, applications for statutory approvals, working drawings, tender documentation, evaluation of tenders, project implementation/management, contract administration, and project closure.