Kenya Building Research Centre
To undertake and/or facilitate Research, Development and Dissemination of information on low cost building/construction materials and technologies for socio-economic development in Kenya.
To attain its mandate, the Centre: –
- Undertakes research on cost effective building materials as well as new building materials and technologies.
- Collect, document and classify all available information on building materials and elements.
- Initiate and coordinate research and standardization in the building industry in the country
- Operate the technical library complete with an online resource section through a technical e-library to be established.
- To carry out research that aim to inform and enhance quality, cost effective, efficient and sustainable building materials, processes and technologies.
- To formulate building research policy in order to provide new knowledge and innovations in building industry.
- To create collaborations and partnerships with persons and institutions that undertakes building research in order to foster new knowledge and affordable housing innovations.
- To establish countrywide field stations for coordination of research, collection and dissemination of valid and reliable information on building materials processes and technologies.
- To coordinate and promote green building principals in the building and construction industry.
- To establish information management and dissemination systems necessary to benefit general public in the construction of affordable housing.
- To provide adequate resources for development of building material research in the country.
- To develop Kenya Building Research Institute.